Tuesday, May 19, 2009

FHE thoughts

Well today I get throw up added to the list. I don't know why I even try to schedule things sometimes. I am going to have to cacel the Yak n Sak this month and I feel bad about that. It just seems like this month is going to stay crazy. I have so much to do today and I am avoiding it by writing here. I was thinking about how depression can be so overwhelming at times and that it is hard to find the beauty when things seem so gray. I know that I have been there and I hate to see others stuck there. We watched "The Testaments" for FHE this week and it hit me as I watched the Savior's face that He doesn't want us to suffer alone-it doesn't matter if it is a physical ailment or an emotional one. He suffered for each individual that lives on this earth. He understands our weaknesses. I have seen this movie before. I have even related several examples from the Savior's life taken from this movie-but it really struck me when the father brings his son and asks Jesus to heal him. The Savior asks if he has the faith for this son to be healed. The father says yes, of course you can heal him. The Savior gives him "the eye" are you sure look? And this sweet father says "Lord, help thou my unbelief". I have thought this father's life was challenging raising a child with such a disability and he asks for the Savior's healing power. I thought about all of the little things that I need to be asking for help so that I will better understand my children and know them the way Jesus knows them. Heavenly Father entrusted me to raise them and I need to ask more often-Lord help thou my unbelief" so that I will trust more in Him. I need to remember just how much I am a daughter of God and the great worth I have so that I can be an example to these girls and my son. And most of all so that I don't become blinded by the things of the world and not see the Lord's miracles in my own life.

No comments: