Friday, September 18, 2009

Remember the Rainbows Not the Rain

Well I had my two week check up and she said I not only had endo, but scar tissue and shocker-fibriods! So I am glad that I did have it done even with all the annoying side effects. It seems that there has been more storm clouds.lately, especially now that keira has the flu. I just hope that it doesn't spread.
It is amazing how many kids that are sick between the middle school and the elementary school-someone told me that one of the local peds saw 80 kids in one day this week! I so just want to catch up on Keira and Kenna's room and my floors and the laundry, but with them being sick I am sooooo tired. Jeremy worked so hard to get it all cleaned last weekend and the laundry done, but we still didn't get to her room and laundry is one that never ends-so at least I got a nap in today. I know I need to just let it go-and I will eventually catch up-I keep telling myself-remember the needful things and the Lord will take care of the rest-but it just drives me nuts some days. At least I lost 10 pounds so far! I am excited and motivated by that. I am determinded to run that 1/2 marathon in good time by 40 and triathlon regularly as well-so this is my new beginning.
I have to count my blessings this night and remember the great things the Lord has done for me. Most of all, I am thankful for words that uplift me to remind me of these great blessings to teach me to rely on the Lord and not myself.

2 comments:

Pinky Homer said...

I think your title is perfect. So many times we get so caught up on the storms of life that we forget to see and acknowledge the beautiful things that come from it and where those things come from... Mainly Heavenly Father and his infinite wisdom to allow us to progress. The blessings of our growth, the unity and love we feel for our family and friends, the strength we gain as we rely on the Lord and how much better we are as people. All those things could not be possible if we always had sunshine in our lives. Thanks for reminding me to pause and remember the rainbows! Love you!

Cara said...

I keep having to tell myself to let the house go and it will be fine, for some reason it really really bothers me to have a messy house! Glad your doing good, I need to have that done some day to! Just dont know when yet! Chin up!