Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I promise more pictures!

So I mentioned that I got a camera for my birthday and here it is 19 days later and I haven't taken but 1 picture. So I will get better. I have a cold and I have no voice, but I am determinded to get caught up by the end of the month with my life. I finally got into Keira's room. I know I know-don't have a heart attck-my true friends that know how bad it was-just might! But it is workable now and I just have her closet left. I hate to admit that it had gotten that bad, but it was one of the things I had to let go of in all of this. I had to let go of the blue room too and so that is my next thing to tackle. I am not the perfect house keeper or organizer. I sometimes fly by the seat of my pants and I always have. Before I was a member of the church I loved that about me and for so many years I hated it about me. But as I have spent the last few weeks realigned my priorities I realize that there are important things and there are more important things and I will get there. I may not be the super moms/ bakers/organizers/decorators/church leaders that my friends are-but I like the qualities that I have found in myself lately. I have finally stopped comparing myself to everyone else. I still need to get in shape, but it is for me now not to look good so I am ok next to so and so.
I don't know maybe it is because I realize that I have entered a new phase in my life. But I watch Kyle as he is growing into a teenager and I want him to grow in confidence. I want Kelsey to grow with self esteem and self worth. I watch them play their sports and hang out with their friends each week and I realize that my time with them will be gone sooner than I think. I need to enjoy it and do it right.
I need to be a better mom to Keira. I need to help her more. I miss her now that she is in school. It just isn't the same at home. She is a shooting star and I hope I can tame her and help her fly not fall.
But most of all-I plan to take lots of pictures!!!!

1 comment:

Brit said...

You are a great mom! Having a clean house is good, but it is not the most important thing:) We need to go get a dp soon!