Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One of the moments of being a parent...

So we took family pictures last week with Kelsey of course. I know I keep giving shameful plugs on my blog and facebook, but I really think she is the best photographer with how she captures personality in a way that most people are not able to. It is an art and she is an artist. I have not even seen most of them, but as I looked at the sneak peek of my own kids and then looked at a sneak peek of some mutual friends' kids the stark reality of how fast my kids are growing up hit home even harder. I am not sure where the time has gone. On some days it seems just yesterday that it was Kyle who was the 3 or 4 year old that was the sun kissed blonde kid causing trouble in Primary with these mischief laden blue eyes. Not much has changed in almost 10 years as Kelsey can attest from our photoshoot-he is still full of mischief and mayham, but he will be a teenager in 3 short months. When I look at Kelsey, she is this beautiful strong smart athletic young woman now. Not the little chubby blond toddler with a toothy grin that I probably will always see her as....And Keira...well she is not a baby anymore that is for sure...She is definately a six year old full of opinions and ideas and worries and wanting to be like her big sister and brother. When she gives us her true smile it will always remind me of the day she was born....Then there is Kenna....she is still a handful...she is still clingly....she is still opinionated like no other...but she does not look like a baby anymore. She is a preschooler on her way to becoming a little girl. I am entering a new phase in life and it definately shows in these pictures... Now if only I could catch up to Jeremy in the weight loss department and look younger like he does then while the kids look older and we look younger it will all balance out in the end......RIGHT????

1 comment:

Pinky Homer said...

I'm starting to feel those feelings more and more. I guess knowing that you'll never have another baby again makes things more real. You are an great inspiration to me on how I should look at my kids.