Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And so it begins....

Well, we started the first day of school yesterday. The house is sooo quite and I miss them a lot. We had trouble with Kelsey's teachers-but got the principal to resolve it and got the teacher we wanted!!!! I know that Kelsey is in good hands with Mrs. Phipps. Go Cornhuskers for making the teachers I love the best!!! Kyle got an interesting homeroom teacher-I hope their personalities match ok-but the 2nd half of the day he as an awesome GUY teacher! I am really excited about that. Thanks Mr. Jeffery for teaching our kids-you should get paid more!!!
As I left school yesterday with Keira I realized that this is the last time I'll walk out with her on the first day of school. then it will just be Kenna at home with me. Wow. I am trying to find a preschool for Keira-it will probably be ME-but we are getting used to the change. I am dragging still at 6:30am-but we are getting back in the swing of things.
Kyle plays in a tournament this weekend and Kelsey played great last weekend. I worked the concession stand for 8 hours! Man-was that hot!!! I don't think I ever want to see another hot dog again!!!:)

Hopefully this week when I start feeling better-I'll get my house recovered from last week's last ditch effort to get every last drop of fun out of summer in spite of all the rain! We are still surviving with the puppy-he is a good dog-just it's like having another kid...
It always amazes me how fast time goes by as they get older-I fear that the next 8 years will go by in a flash and I'll be kissing Kyle goodbye as he leaves home....He's such a good boy-I hope I am a good mom to him-I love him tons.
Kelsey looks so grown up all of a sudden-so big and yet so small in so many ways. She is an angel and it's hard to say she's in 4th grade now.

No comments: