Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Great Shall Be Your Joy!

The best teachers at ESE! Mrs. Phipps and Ms. Wolfe rock!!!


Kelsey's best friends!

Last day at ESE together with crazy hair day and all!


I have to add that it has been such a sweet expereince to go to bed most nights in the past week having had the opportunity to help my friends in need. As I have written before it has been a hard move for me. I wasn't sure where I fit in, but I have really been praying to find that out and in the midst of it all have developed a love for the women of the ward that I never thought I could feel. I know as a missionary you are told to love those that you are called to serve and I have experienced this first hand-but it has been such a blessing to me in my life to get to know these amazing women who have so many talents and those that are struggling with a high risk pregnancy or an extremely high risk pregnancy or the loss of a child or a divorce or a separation on its way to a divorce. It has really brought me to think about counting my blessings and to remember to express gratitude for the hard work that is done around me. I loved being a missionary for that reason alone-to fall in bed at night exhausted from serving the Lord. As I have looked beyond my own front porch I have found that struggle with depression has gotten easier and my prayers are more heartfelt and personal again. I have realized that the path I wanted and the path He gave me may not have turned out to be the same, but the lessons learned and the treasures I have that are not of this world are precious gifts that I am so grateful for. I also realize as I now have a middle schooler and a 5th grader and a kindergartener that I am entering a new phaase in life. Next year these two won't be in the same school. One step closer to being gone...Where does the time go? Wasn't it just yesterday I was watching him run around in diapers? Then I sent him to kindergarten? The same with Kelsey. It seemed when I sent her to kindergarten her and Keira would be little forever. Now they will both be in someone else's care for more of their day than me when August comes around.



But most of all-it is good to be needed. Meals, babysitting, cleaning, loving, listening...I feel closer to the Lord and most of all I just try to follow his example. I understand more fully that scripture that if we lose our lives for His sake we shall find it. I have found mine and I have been blessed with great joy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even though both my kids are still little, I am starting to know that feeling. Yesterday night I looked at Olivia, trying to put her pajamas on by herself, and my eyes were opened a second time - how and when did my baby become a little girl? And how is it possible that Steven and I can have physically created two independent people? We didn't buy them or win them or receive them; they just came, and they are ours, and yet not - they are their own people, but they belong to us. Having children is Heavenly Father's greatest gift, I think.