Saturday, June 20, 2009

MY 100th post and I am almost to my year mark!

So I am going to copy this idea and see if I can list 100 things...



1. I am grateful to the Savior for His Atonement for me.
2. I was 2 pounds when I was born at 28 weeks in McAllen, Tx
3. I went to 9 different schools between kindergarten and 7th grade.
4. I began dancing when I was 4 and when I was 8 quit because I couldn't start pointe until 9.
5. So I moved over to gymnastics and competed until I was14 when I ruined my ankle on a front pike.
6. I went back to dancing at 14.
7. When I was a Sr in high school I coreographed the middle school's pop show.
8. I was the only freshman to go to State solo and ensemble contest and 1 of 3 to come home with a I from the state judge as well. I was also the only one to go to state solo and ensemble every year and every year come home with a I.
9. I am an only child and only grandchild.
10. I now have more in my own family than I do in my extended family. (I have 6 and my family is 4)
11. I went to BYU until I was a Jr.
12. I served a mission on Temple Square and my field time on the Riverside, CA mission.
13. I met Jeremy on mother's day of 1995.
14.He proposed to me on July 11th (1995)while on a temple trip up to the Dallas temple.
15. We were married in the Logan, Utah temple in the only original sealing room by one of my mission presidency members on August 18, 1995.
16. I have lived in every major city in Texas except Dallas. (Houston, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, McAllen, Corpus Christi)
17. I have never be east of Beaumont, Tx.
18. But I have been west to CA, AZ, NM, CO, MT, ID, WY.
19. I have been to serveral border towns in Mexico.
20. I love the color blue because it reminds me of the summertime and that is my favorite part of the year. Before I had kids it was the freedom and heat-now it is the time I get to spend with them between the school year.
21. I love horses and the way they smell.
22. I love to read!
23. I love to write.
24. My grandmother has a children's book in the Alamo gift shop. "Liberty, Justice and F'Rall"
25. My mother is an attorney.
26. I wanted to go to the Houston High School for the Performing Arts.
27. My favorite car of all time is a 1969 Ford Mustang in navy blue with a rag top and light tan interior.
28. I love the sunshine and the warmth on my face.
29. I love the beach and watching the kids play in the surf.
30. I love the mountains.
31. I married my best friend. We sometimes disagree like all best friends but that is what makes us so good for each other.
32. I love spending the day outside watching Kyle play baseball and Kelsey play soccer. Maybe next year it will be Keira swimming.
33. I hope to reclaim my piano skills when I have more free time.
34. I think there is nothing better than singing in the car to loud music.
35. I love the names Kaden Paul and Kannon Gunnar wish I could still use them for my own children.
36. I love to go to the theater.
37. I love to go waterskiing.
38. I want to run a marathon one day.
39. I want to run a Susan Komen race for my friend Joette, who died from brest cancer.
40. I want to see Austraila before I die.
41. I want to see London before I die.
42. I want to go on a tour of south America.
43. I want to be a senior missionary.
44. I want to record a song for each of my children so that they will always have me singing to them even after I die.
45. I love reading to my kids every night.
47. I love camping.
48. I love new babies, the little toes, the sweet smell, the kissable heads and the closeness one feels to God when you hold one.
49. My favorite perfume is Lovely and Eternity.
50. My favorite flower is a purple tulip.
51. I wish I was a better housekeeper.
52. But I just like to roughhouse on my bed with the kids-so my bed doesn't get made all the time....
53. If two people are willing to work together-you can find success. It maybe hard-but well worth it!
54. I have been battling migraines since I was a child.
55. I used to be a lifeguard.
56. I have learned that you never know if the person you couldn't stand might turn into one of your dearest friends-if you give her a chance!
57. "pooterism" bring some of the best joys in life- "You know you'd be so happy if I was the only child" or that she has a new jersey/alabama/texan accent to just about everything she says.
58. My nickname with the youth in College Station was ABCD-I felt so old being called sister brann so when I was camp director they called me ABCD (amanda brann camp director)
59. I am half hispanic, a quarter polish and a quarter danish.
60. I love watermelon, cantalope, honey dew, papaya, kiwi, bananas, and peaches.
61. I am glad that my mom taught me how to make jam from fresh fruit.
62. I should make homemade bread more often.
63. I am getting better at food storage rotation.
64. I enjoy getting a good deal.
65. I love the solitude of a long run with nothing but my ipod. Wish I had the stamina to go for long runs, but I will get back to doing this and soon!
66. I love the military. My grandfather was a an officer. It was a priviledge to be at is military funeral.
67. Yes, I love all of the 80's music. I am one who despite all of his weirdnesslikes among others-Michael Jackson was an amazing dancer and songwriter and he is one on the list of great performer that the world has lost recently.
68. I believe that change does start with me. I guess I hope that my children will love and respect all the many wonderful cultures and peoples that make up this beautiful world that the Lord created.
69. To all my friends-you know who you are-this salute is for you.
70. It is so interesting how men and women are programed so differently. It makes us each so unique.
71. I love trees and walking through the forest.
72. I love to sit on temple grounds by the beautiful flowers and realize how much the Lord has done for me.
73. I can get addicted to listening to music.
74. I hope to be a nurse when my kids grow up.
75. I have endometriosis and have had this diagnosis since I was 21. It took 8 doctors in three different states to come to this. Thank goodness it isn't like that anymore.
76. I only have half of a thyroid. It was believed that I had thyroid cancer. Thank goodness, I didn't.
77. I had ankle recontruction surgery in 2001 when I ruptured the laterel ligament in my ankle doing a round off back handspring at my gymnastics class.
78. I have a wild rebelllious streak that I am sure Keira inherited.
79. Kyle has my toes.
80. Kelsey has my smile.
81. Kenna has my eyes.
82. but they all look more like their dad's side of the family than mine.
83. I love the color of all of my kids' eyes because I love the blue they inherited from their dad.
84. I once got to sing a solo for the director of the MOTAB.
85. I once got to sing in front of a music producer in California who told me that I had a beautiful voice.
86. My choral director in high school told me I was a better dancer than a vocalist and should pursue that not music.
87. I love to lay outside and look up at the stars and watch the planes take off.
88. I used to believe that it would be so much fun to date a cowboy so that my "knight in shining white armour" would drive a truck and ride a horse.
89. I hope one day to own farm land.
90. I am a country girl at heart. I would love to raise chickens and have a cow to milk. I'd even raise a steer for some good steak! :)
91. the year I graduated from high school in the top 15% of my class of 860 from Kingwood high school.
92. I really want two things when the kids grow up. A great dane puppy and a convertible VW.
93. The year I realized that I wanted to be a missionary, lost a friend to drunk driving, was a manager at Bennigan's in Humble, went on a blind date, and thought I knew it all.
94. The year I realized I knew nothing, had surgery, lost another friend, but realized what it truly meant to be one with God and that although life does not always turn out the way you dream that there will be other joys for the ones that were lost.
95. The year my parents got divorced and 3 months later I got married.
96. My year to learn what it truly means to be an adult and realize that I really could stand on my own and do well and have happiness in my life every day.
97. Kyle Matthew Brann: July 18th ;8 pounds 5 ounces; 20 1/2 inches long at 20:20hours. He was two weeks late in the valley heat. He changed me and brought me to a whole new level of what love meant. I can't believe he is almost 12. My little baby boy.....
98. I graduated from college with a degree in anthropology and a minor in history.
99. Kelsey Anne Brann: February 8th; 9 pounds 8 ounces:21 inches; 18:30 hours. She gave me the courage to believe I could raise a girl into a righteous beautiful woman.
100. I did it. My favorite thing of all is my dearest friend and love, Jeremy Matthew Brann. Thanks for all of the happiness and joy through these past 14 years. I know it is not always easy-but I love you and it is always worth every moment in your arms.

3 comments:

Western Family said...

I can not believe that you have not been east of Beaumont. We are going to have to change that. We need a girls trip that includes some great cajun food and wonderfull street car rides in the French Quarter (maybe a virgin daquiri)! And dont forget Mardi Gras beads. This is making me home sick! Love the post, now to go back and finish reading the last 50

Pinky Homer said...

It was great to remember some of your great qualities and things you like to do ... but also there were some things that I had NO Clue! Loved It! Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

Yeah! I am so glad you did this. It was so fun to read about you. I miss you--I can't wait till we get back and I am up for lunch.