Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer Reflections and A New Start On Aug 28th

I am in a reflective mood again. I guess I get that way every August. In just a few days Jeremy and I will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary and I have really learned a lot this summer. The Lord has taught me so much through so many friends and expereinces these past few months. I can't thank them enough for their patience with me or all of the angels at work. I have found that some of the hardest things we go through we can find our closest friends. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to get to know some new friends and strengthened others. I have realized that I was more prideful that I thought. I have been humbled to learn that this summer. I have learned that time is a gift from God that I most never take for granted and although I try my very best right now my house is not perfectly organized and Kenna may spend half the day running around in PJs like me. But we have found a new level of peace in our home.
I am sad at the news of Jeremy's grandmother's stroke and that it looks like we are going to lose her. She is an amaizng woman and she was so very kind to me each time I was down there. I know there is the circle of life-but it seems as I get older that the circle starts to spin a little faster and there is not enough time to enjoy all the of womderful time with your loved ones that you woould like. It also makes me miss my grandfather and wish he was still here, but I know he is so happy to be back with his wife.
The Lord instructed me a long long time ago that my home needed to be a place of beauty, a place a learning, a place of love. I have tried very hard over the years to make that possible. The clutter I know draws away from the beauty part, but a friend gave me the highest compliment that I could ever receive. She told me last week that she had never been in a home so welcoming and comfortable. She always felt at peace when she came over. It reminded me of that admonition from the Lord and that I needed to never give up.
I am also excited to announce that I am scheduled for a complete hysterectomy on the 28th of August. Yes, I know you say, excited? But it is with this new robotic system called the DaVinci system that I will only have 6: 1-2 cm scars and it will not be an open abdominal surgery. It is a cure for 24 years of dealing with endometriosis and I although I have felt great with the Lupron-this is the answer I have been waiting for and I know it is the right time. The Lord blessed me with my beautiful children and now it is my time to feel great!
I will post some pictures of our summer soon. Kelsey had two a days for soccer last week. It looks like her team will be the best 11U team in the Houston area. We play a tournament every weekend starting the 22nd. And Kyle's baseball try outs are tonight. So it has begun again. But I am grateful for the Lord and his mercies and all that He has shown unto me this summer to make me a better person and help me overcome the some of the things I struggle with.
Now I look forward to a day without a heat advisory and a cool breeze!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wasn't the DaVinci on an episode of Grey's Anatomy? But seriously, let me know what I can do to help. I will pray that it all goes well and your recovery is quick.

Mandy Rae said...

I agree, your home is one of the most inviting I have ever entered. And, I have been in a lot of homes ;-) I'm so thankful that you are my family! I truly consider you as such!