Friday, August 7, 2009

Two Peas in a Pod




Well my friend that was waiting for these babies to get here through God's miracles finally did about 6 weeks ago. They were sent here by a loving mother who gave them from God's arms to the mother's arms to Angela's arms. I had planned to make a different cake but it wasn't going like I had planned-but my life never does....So Natie and I came up with these and I fell in love. Little did I know it would take so long. I still need to finish cleaning and get everything back to normal, but the time that it took was such a blessing to me.
One year ago Angela and I got to sit together each week while Tyler and Keira took gymnastics together. We got to talk and go have lunch every Tuesday while the kids played and we got to become good friends. I rode the roller coaster not in the car, but on the ground holding my breath on the highs and getting that same pit in your stomach feeling on the lows. I prayed and fasted and hoped for these little miracles to come into her life when they were supposed to. I had watched another friend go through this and I couldn't help but feel that as she always told me-you would know when it was right. So I kept relaying that bit of wisdom. All the time my sister in law was riding this same ride and a week or two after Angela "had" Brady and Carter Emily "had" Ellie. So it is amazing the Lord's timetable. We compared notes on the phone the three of us and yet through it all the ended up with little babies almost in the same hospital at the same time in Utah! So my time to make these cakes was just a small token of my thanks to Angela for letting me be a friend on this journey with her. I can't wait to hold and help with Brady and Carter and I am so happy for her in this miracle that she is able to enjoy!
Best of all-I did it.

1 comment:

Angela said...

This means so much to me. Thanks for the cakes and most importantly your friendship.