Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Miracle Baby....



Well, Keira turns six on Thursday. It is hard to believe that this little spitfire will be that old. I have written before of the endometriosis and the prognosis they gave me in 1994. I have always claimed that Kyle and Kelsey were my mission blessings. After Kelsey was born it became apparent that it would not be so easy anymore. We tried for almost 4 years when the hormones had made me so sick I was ready to give up and come to understand that my family was complete at two. I prayed and fasted one last time for a miracle and told the Lord I would stop telling Him what to do. Ironically, one month later, I found out I was pregnant....It was not the easy pregnancy like the others. I was on bed rest a lot. I ended up with a c-section because she was breech from the very first sonogram and never turned. They could never tell us what she was and we had the hardest time agreeing on a girl's name. But when they finally placed her in my arms I will never forget that feeling of realizing it was all worth it. The older kids spoiled her( they were over 5 and almost 7 by now), grandparents spoiled her, and we spoiled her! She was such a happy baby and probably our healthiest baby. She loved her mommy and was this little pixie. She still is...Of all of the kids she looks the most like me, she has the wildest side, she already has a knack for fashion and shoes, she would rather have make up and clothes than cleats and a ball. She will ask for diet coke and a salad by nature-she is a girly girl through and through....And I love all the "pooterisms" that make up each day and will miss them as she grows up. I know each one of my children is a miracle when it was a question mark on having any of them, but the long wait for her always makes her birthday right before spring break a little bit sentimental for me....

1 comment:

Kate said...

I remember you having her! She sounds like Ashlyn. We've got to get the families together again soon! Can't believe 6 years has passed since the girls were born!