Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My thanks to Chick Fil A

I just wanted to share my experiences lately with how amazing the people at Chick fil A have been to us. Mainly because it really got on my nerves today when I went to Sonic and got the girls cherry slushes and asked them to put in a cherry and they charged me 10 cents for each cherry! Ok so I know that they are now charging for flavors when they did not used to. I know the market is tight and the ecomony is tight and they do their little happy hour every day to get people to come in and hopefully buy food as well. But come on-I have to pay now for a cherry in a cherry slush?
So on to my Chick Fil A story...On Saturday Kelsey had a party in the Woodlands so the little girls and I stayed over there during the party. We found a really cool park to play at, feed the ducks and get really dirty! Kenna had a blast learning to climb the climbing wall and Keira discovered that she loves to slide down the firemen's pole and really big slides! They both loved playing in the sand as well. So I still had 2 more hours to kill after all of that so we found a Chick fil A for dinner. (Their new favorite place to eat) After finishing their entire kid's meals each girl decided that they wanted an ice cream shake since that is what Kelsey got to have over spring break....Well, I knew that they could not eat a whole one and I did not want one...oh what to do, what to do. So I ordered one shake and I took it back to the table and I split it between two cups and gave it to the girls. Well, there were tears that they both did not get whipped cream and a cherry!!!! So I went back up to the counter and asked the guy how much it would be for whipped cream and a cherry. He got a bowl made a huge pile of whipped cream and topped it with a cherry and handed it to Kenna! This made her night! Keira was happy with her ice cream and I was so happy not to have ice cream!!! But this is just one of the many things they have done for my girls over the many trips we have made recently thanks to sports and tournaments! They have given them balloons, we have gotten a whole extra order of nuggets when the order came out wrong, the manager always gives Keira a handful of mints when she asks upon leaving-which makes her day or night!!! And what has been the most impressive of all is that the kids 4 piece nugget meal with fruit is less expensive than the four piece nugget meal at McDonald's, Burger King, or Whataburger! For a mere $3.39 you can get it with fruit and for $2.89 you can get it with fries! So when you add the customer service to that it really makes for a better dining experience. And well the disposable placemats have become my favorite thing when eating out for the little girls there! At the one in the woodlands there were even little things of Cheerios for the babies while they were waiting for the food! So props to Chickfilas and all that they do to go above and beyond in this day and age when everyone else is cutting corners and nickel and diming you. I appreciate and I hope that others do too! Plus they are closed on Sunday so their employees can spend time with their families!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Aw man, now I want some chicken nuggets. I agree, Chick-fil-a is great--heck, they even put your straw in your drink for you!

Alisha said...

I hear you! Every time we go the employees are so respectful and nice, the food is great, and we have a good time! :) Here's to Chilk-fil-a!