Sunday, January 4, 2009

My last two days in Paradise

Well we went to the zoo yesterday and it was a lot of fun. All of the kids had so much fun and it was a nice trip. Kenna is getting older and each time we venture out she does better. I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am sad to see the break end, though. I know all good things come to an end, but it was nice to spend the days and nights playing with the kids and our friends. We got to eat at the amazing new place in Kingwood-Chimmicurri. We went to the zoo twice and Dash is being spoiled by Grandpa in San Antonio. Christmas was wonderful and I am so thankful for my little family. We are surrounded by great neighbors. If you had asked me 19 years ago if I would really want to hang out with my drill team instructor, I would have said no-she scares me. But every time I get to spend time with her-I love her more and more. I think she is an amazing woman and I admire all that she has done. I know there are some out there that may disagree-but I feel very blessed to have moved across the street from her and been able to get to know her and her neat family. It was fun to start a new tradition with them and have Chinese food on the 1st. We had so much fun with all the neighbors at Danny and Dan's on New YEar's Eve. Kenna was scared to death with the firecrackers, but was getting to liking them by the time the clock struck midnight. She called them firecookies.
And so it begins...a new time at church, school, and a new beginning. I am determined to make and keep my goals this year.

2 comments:

America said...

Hey Amanda,
Your children are absolutely gorgeous in the photo on your header! I too am a little sad for school to start up again, but this, as corny as it may sound, is what I look forward too, yep, Yak N Saks. Out of all the cool stuff I've gotten to do with other gals since we've moved here, there is nothing I enjoy more than talking and snacking at your house with all of my new friends and sisters in Christ. Pretty soon, I'll be brining a lil one along with me to play with Kenna.
america

Pinky Homer said...

It is so refreshing to read how much you enjoy your children. I need to learn from your example. Hope you have a great year!