Monday, April 13, 2009

Not quite how I planned

well Easter didn't turn out quite like I planned. I was up all Saturday night until about 4am with Jeremy and a stomach bug. I got a few hours of sleep before the kids woke up at 7am and he was back up from 7-9 sick again. I gave him some medicine and he finally slept for the rest of the day. I was afraid to leave him so we stayed home from church. A few times the kids lost their patience for the house so we ended up outside. I tried to keep them reverent and focus on Easter, but they were ready to be active. So I still made Easter dinner and we ate w.o the missionaries since I was afraid it might be contagious. He is doing better today. At an MRI right now for something else, but it has not been the weekend that I had planned.

The neat thing is we finally watched "The Other Side Of Heaven" last night as a family. It is about Elder Groberg's mission in Tonga. I was so impressed and touched by this story. I loved the part where he says-it makes me want to shout "Hurrah for Israel!" and I will be the Lord's wind for you today. It made me realize I need to pray more and be more willing to take action.

I especially want to tell the person that called me last night-thank you. I was having a bit of a pity party in my mind about missing church on Easter, and no sleep and Kenna being Kenna, etc. I didn't really pray but more just murmured up to Him and said I just want some sympathy for it being such a lame Sunday. She offered to come get the kids and I can't explain how much that meant for me. When the older kids are home-it is really not bad because they all entertain each other-but they were getting on my nerves and I wasn't overwhelmed just annoyed. It was so sweet and thoughtful and it was a huge boost. So thank you for answering my prayer and letting me know someone cares!!!

I also want to thank the family that showed up Saturdy afternoon and invited us over for dinner on Easter dinner. It was such a sweet surprise. We don't get invited over much-I am sure because of our family size-so it was so nice to be invited over. Thanks so much! You made our day!
I have really been trying to apply the things I learned at TOFW this past month. It has had a huge impact in my family. I have prayed and pulled the kids aside to pray when it feels like the contention is taking over. EAch time the Spirit of the Lord has entered back into our home for a more peaceful day. I know it is hard and as a mom humbling to go to your children and say I am sorry or to offer a prayer in the middle of a fight, but I have seen the change and I am grateful for it.
I also read the 3rd and 4th book of the Tennis shoes among the Nephites book to the kids this weekend. I finished them, but am still reading to the kids. It was perfect since it is where the Savior appeared to them here. What a great reminder of all the many ways that the Lord loves us and won't forget about us.
But I am grateful Jeremy seems to be ok today and all of my kids are well-I am grateful that I have the gospel and although I am not perfect by any means, I am grateful I can move forward and that the Savior is there to help me. He understands each pain and tear. When I was a missionary I realized that-as an adult I struggled with it. Now I more fully comprehend just a small amount of what He did for me. But it makes me whole and I am grateful for that wholeness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry I ruined your Easter! Thanks for taking care of me. I love you. --Jeremy