Tuesday, November 3, 2009

For all of my friends who deal with every other weekend

These are the lyrics to a Reba song. I was playing on yahoo music and saw this song. It in light of all of my friends who are in the middle of this- it got me thinking-I wonder if there are couples who feel this way? Because of my friends-they don't feel this way-but I know that there are families out there that should have stayed together and could have made it work. But any song that Reba and Kenny sing together is gonna sound great and make you believe anything is possible!!!!

"Every other Friday it’s toys and clothes in backpacksIs everybody in? Okay, let’s go see DadSame time in the same spot, corner of the same old parking lotHalf the hugs and kisses there are always sad We trade a couple words and looks and kids againEvery other weekend(SKIP)Every other weekend with very few exceptionsi pick up the love we made in both my armsAnd its movies on the sofa, grilled cheese and cut the crusts offBut “that’s not the way Mom makes it Daddy” breaks my hearti miss everything we used to have with her againEvery other weekend(CHORUS)i can’t tell her i love her / i can’t tell him i love himCause there’s too many questions and ears in the cari don’t tell him i miss him / i don’t tell her i need herHe’s over me / she’s over me – that’s where we areSo we’re as close as we might ever be againEvery other weekend(REBA)Every other Saturday, first thing in the mornin’i turn the TV on to make the quiet go awayi know why, but i don’t know why we ever let this happenFalling for forever was a big mistakeThere’s so much not to do and all day not to do it inEvery other weekend(Skip)Every other Sunday i empty out my backseatWhile my children hug their mother in the parking lotWe don’t touch and we don’t talk much, maybe goodbye to each otherThen she drives away with every piece of heart i’ve goti re-convince myself we did the right thing againEvery other weekend(CHORUS)And i can’t tell her i love her / i can’t tell him i love himCause there’s too many questions and ears in the cari don’t tell him i miss him / i don’t tell her i need herHe’s over me / She’s over me – that’s where we areSo we’re as close as we might ever be againEvery other weekend(SKIP)Yeah for fifteen minutes we’re a family again(REBA)God I wish that he was still with me again(TOGETHER)every other weekend"

2 comments:

sewgr8 said...

That is a tear-jerker, for sure. I have to go look it up...

Pinky Homer said...

I had to listen to it. It's so sad to think this happens to families all over the world. Makes you try harder and not take it all for granted. Thanks for sharing.