Monday, November 16, 2009

Stop The Music!!! They Let Her Out of the Goal!!!












Well after it is all said and done-here it is- Kelsey finally getting to come out of the goal and play the last 8 minutes on the field-22 games later! She did an excellent job! She was great! She even scored a goal! (It was called back as a hand ball even though it bounced off of her leg) The officials were calling things to help out the other team b/c we were winning. But she was agressive, had a break away and it really showed that she loves playing soccer-not just as a goalkeeper, but as a player on the field. So I know that we have made the right decisions to support her and develop her as a player not as a position. I want to thank Maurice for the pictures! He got these of Kelsey for us this weekend so we can remember that she was on the field for 8 minutes of one game. I think politics and big money in youth sports when they are 10 in sickening and although we have been fighting it since we moved to Houston two years ago, I am glad that Kelsey still loves the game. We have found good friends from soccer. We have found some really ugly competitive sides of people as well. But most of all even if the lessons learned have been hard lessons at times, I am grateful for what I have learned.
And since she is my daughter and this is my blog-I get to write-
KELSEY ROCKS!!!!!



1 comment:

undefined said...

Very cool, and congrats to Kelsey!

One of these days we'll have to see her, and all your kids, in action.