Monday, February 8, 2010

Kelsey's Birthday!!!

So my first baby girl is 11 today! She was born at 6:30 pm after an induction that was 10 days early. the doctor believed that since Kyle was big and late-he figured she was getting big so he'd go ahead and induce. Well, I wasn't progressing very well, but did not feel any contractions at all. When I got to a four, Jeremy insisted that b/c we were private pay he was ordering the epidural so that if I changed my mind later it he would still get his money's worth. :) Which in the long run was a good thing-b/c her shoulders got stuck and several boosters later and several locals later and an exceptional doctor trying to avoid a c-section with Kelsey practically delivered-he got her out. I did not realize how scary the situation was until afterwards and we saw how bruised and red she was-but she stole our hearts right away. I thought I wanted all boys, but she changed not only my mind, but Jeremy's as well! She came in at a whooping 9 pounds 8 ounces and 21 inches long. They had to go to another floor to find diapers that would fit her! She was such an angel through it all. It was my first private room. I loved the whole experience!!
I can't believe it has been three years since she was baptized! I can't believe in one year she will be 12 and entering the young women's program at church. I can't believe she is now legal to babysit!!!
So to all my friends here in Humble who love Kelsey-she is now legal for you to call! She will be taking the babysitting course that includes first aid and CPR soon. She just had soccer the weekends that Eagle Springs is doing it. (Kyle is available to babysit as well. He is great with the boys) She can't play on the weekends thanks to EDDOA after the 27th of Feb through the end of May-so other than Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays-she is free to babysit-unless of course we get to her first!! :)
But most of all, it is so amazing to have watched this little baby grow up so fast before my eyes. I know I griped yesterday about how crummy I have felt and how I can't stand how messy the house is right now-but I know that I will eventually catch up-Dr. Shaw took Xrays and I do have a sinus infection so he gave me some serious antibiotics and steriods so I better be feeling better SOON! But I am so thankful for this amazing girl the Lord sent to me. She is a gift that even in her blonde moments teach me so much about love, charity, kindness, smartness, dilligence, and joy. Each of my children have given me so much-Kelsey has shown me that I can raise daughters.....when I didn't think I could....not because I am a good parent, but because the Lord sent me good kids and He knows them!!!

No comments: