Saturday, October 11, 2008

Three Weeks and counting

I just have to post that I have made it three weeks staying at 1500 calories each day and this week alone (by the time I go to bed tonight)
I will have completed running 10.5 miles! I am so excited about this I could jump for joy! I have only lost 5 pounds (which seems like nothing when you have a long way to go) but I am excited that in spite of all the ice packs when I get home at 11pm from running that I am getting it done even if I am still exhausted in the morning. It has been beautiful at night and with all the street lights and our good neighborhood I feel blessed that I can do it then. Last night I didn't want to go but was so glad when I got out there. If anyone on the street sees some strange blob moving at fast speed it is just me finishing up with a few sprints. (at least for old lady speed that I am at right now) I am hoping by May that I will be back to the size I was before I embarked on this journey called motherhood 12 years ago. I was falling off horses and running every day and working and going to school-ahhh those were the days! But my goal is to run a 5K in May and do it in 21 minutes so if anyone wants to join me-let me know. :)
I have to post a public service announcement in honor of a good friend-if you are planning on getting a puppy-go the vet right away and get a parvo test before it is too late. i love dogs and it breaks my heart to hear when someone loses a puppy to this meance of a disease. I may not have found the right dog for our family this time, but I will find my favorite dog later after Dash has grown up and gone on to doggie heaven.....
it looks like i will miss fast and testimony meeting tomorrow so i just want to express my gratitude to the Lord for my answered prayers and for blessing me with the strength to get through the mountains in this life. For all the times I have been knocked on my butt there have been a few that I just want to stay there but He helps me get up and keep going. He has done that for me since I was 4 and lead me in ways that will help me return to Him-they may not have been easy roads and I am not perfect on the road, but he knows my broken parts and loves me anyway. I am grateful we have the scriptures. I have been trying to turn to them more often than I had been. When I was a missionary I couldn't imagine a day without reading and now I am grateful for the days I get it in. (Major admittance to NOT being perfect!!!)
Kelsey played a great game this morning. She is so tough even when these girls that were 6 inches taller than her knocked her down and got a yellow card (the coach too)=she still got up and kicked an amazing corner kick! she also scored the teams first goal of the season but it got called back due to a hand ball by her teammate. I learned today that the Aggie girls are mainly from the Spring Challenge club so we may have to play over there in the future if she wants to keep playing.
Kyle won his first select baseball game today and we get to play 1 game in the morning and if we win we will be in the championship game. That is really exciting for the team since they have been playing together since May and are just now finally starting to get the hang of select ball.
So despite being tired-it has been a good day.
I'm off to run....

1 comment:

undefined said...

Congratulations! I'm very impressed by your running -- I keep saying I'm going to get back into it, but so far I haven't done it. :)

I have to confess to being a little confused. Is your dog okay?