Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm not old enough to have a middle schooler!

Ok, so I went to the parent orientation for Timberwood Middle School with Jeremy last night. We sat next to our friends, Sheri and Jimmie. Then a couple of their friends sat down by us. We all looked at each other and said "We're not old enough to have a middle schooler!" Well, I guess I am. I could have been doing this last year, but with his July birthday I decided to enjoy his company an extra year. I am glad that I waited, but it is still hard to believe my little baby boy is going into 6th grade. When Kenna makes little faces that remind me of my little baby boy or her mischeivous smile that looks just like Kyle's, it is hard to believe how fast time goes by. There are times I wish we were still in CS so he would have all 5 of his guy friends at middle school with him from church. But Kyle, who is never at a loss for friends, has chosen good boys to hang around with and baseball helps keep him busy. It is amazing to see what elective options he has. There is not only band, but orchestra and art and drama and choir. Now if I were to guess I would bet he chose the band-percussion so he could beat on the drums. But I guess we'll see next month when the cards come home. I always said I would home school them for middle school, but the electives are so amazing-I think that they will have a great time. i may be wrong, but they are good kids with good heads on their shoulders. I know that Kyle will love athletics in 7th and 8th grade. Even if he has to wait until high school to play baseball. I can't believe I am old enough to have an almost 12 year old, but he sure is a cute one! I guess as he gets older I need to say handsome, but he's still my little boy.

1 comment:

Pinky Homer said...

Isn't that amazing how fast time flies? You are entering a new stage as a mom ... I'm excited for you. About the sports thing, I just go with their flow. I put them in when they want to, take them out when they are done with it...I figure the opportunity is always there as long as they are interested. Eventually they'll find their niche.