Sunday, March 29, 2009

Aggieland Dreams

Well, the whole family went with me to College Station on Friday. I had a dr appt. and since it was jeremy's day off we decided to make a trip of it. It was soo worth it. Kyle got to have a ptiching lesson from his favorite coach (next to his dad)-Trey Moore. He played baseball for the Aggies and played in the MLB so Kyle thinks highly of him. Trey likes Kyle too-so he is always so nice to him. Kyle had a great lesson and Trey said his arm is just getting stronger and he's developing into a great pitcher. So that was neat to hear.
I was able to get a cute outfit for a friend's little boy that will help him stay in maroon while up in colorado and keep him out of burnt orange! :)
We ran into a bunch of old friends and it was fun to see how they are doing and how fast time flies. When we moved there I was Rachel's VT and her first baby was 6months old. She told us Rachelle was baptised last week. How time flies! They were doing great. Her husband is in the leadership at church where they live. You know you are getting old when that is the 5th friend who has been serving in those positions. Where does the time go?
It was also so neat to go and visit Meg. She let me show up randomly and see her sweet baby Hannah. We served in Young Women together back in 2001 and I have watched her in her journey of motherhood. I have mentioned her before but I have to share her story because it each little new detail that she shares strengthens my testimony that the Savior knows us soooo personally. She and Peter struggled with infertility for many years and even after they decided to adopt it was another 3 years. When she quit her job so they would be ready to live on one income so she could stay home with the baby. She didn't like to cook at all and I just read on her blog that she felt bad for making frozen pizza! I remember the Mother's Day she spoke when she got the word that they were getting this little baby. Katy came into their lives and stole their hearts. And she looks like a little Meg!!! Then 22 months later she got the call that there was a family that chose them. She told me this agency was the most expensive but she felt so inspired about choosing them that they went forward with it. This time it was a little boy. Now 22 months later, this same couple called them and asked if they were willing to adopt the little girl they were about to have. I thought it was so neat but this was the miracle that I wanted to share. Meg told me that she had always wanted a sister for Katy but never asked or prayed for one. She just wished. She didn't know how it would happen but secretly she wished. Then the call came and now she has another beautiful little girl that is just over two weeks old. I got to hold Hannah and she truly is beautiful. What an amazing journey. She is an AMAZING mom and I just admire her so much!
Then we got to see Jeremy's best friend, Troy and his family. Their son, Noah, was having a b-day party that afternoon and Kyle was invited. The boys got to play flag football at Kyle field for about 2 hours. But the thing that impressed me the most was Troy who is the director of academics for the football team, asked Steven McGee to come play quarter back for the boys and he said yes. For those of you who don't follow football-he was the Aggie QB who is going to be drafted into the NFL this year. As we were walking out to the field Jerod Johnson was walking in from practice and saw Troy and came back out to play on the other team with the boys. He is the current Aggie hot shot QB. It was so sweet to see these guys who are so busy and admired by so many take time out of their day to play with a group of 10-11 year old boys. Kyle caught 4 passes from Steven Mcgee inlcuding the game winning touchdown. He was so excited. We didn't have our camera but Troy is supposed to send us pictures so I'll post them when I get them. It was just a reminder of what makes Aggieland so great. The stars are so down to earth and good guys. Jeremy made a comment about how special it was that they did that for Troy-and I believe it is the environment that is fostered in College Station. It is a special place. I know it is not perfect-but there are a lot of neat people and traditions there. Gig 'Em !
I was bummed that I didn't get to see Bobbi-but I will see her soon. There never seems to be enough time to get to see all of our friends when we go. But we try to get to see those that we can. We still love all of ya'll!
It was a rough weekend for sports. Kelsey played a great game on Saturday, but they played 6 on 8 because we didn't have enough girls. It was frustrating because she blocked about 15, but was beating herself up for the ones she missed. Kyle played great this weekend as well, but they ended up 1-2 this weekend. Next week brings another set of league games and a tournament in Beaumont. So we'll see how it goes.
We are well for the moment. I hope it stays that way for a little bit at least.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey, I was Rachel's visiting teacher too! Rachelle and Tyler are only a few months apart and would play (roll around and drool) togther back in Aggieland. Rachel grew up with Robert in Victoria. Small world, huh?

blog_meg said...

You always make me feel good Amanda!! I think you are an amazing mom, too!

Kate said...

I love reading your blog. Sounds like lots of fun you had in Aggieland. I do want to see pics-hopefully soon =).