Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break

Well we have had an interesting week. Jeremy has been sick off and on all week. I ended up at the ER with shortness of breath. I felt pretty stupid-but I guess you live and learn. I am ready to be done with this asthma thing. It is new to me and I don't like it. I have two more days of oral steriods and with everything else. I can't sleep at night, but at least I am so wired when I wake up I am not totally exhausted. I am sure it will catch up to me soon. I have enjoyed this time we have had to be able to spend with each other. I have gotten frustrated at times, but I am grateful for inspiration from the Lord to settle me down.
I have to write about TOFW! It was such a sweet experience for me. I enjoyed the company of the women that I went with. It was fun to go up with one group Friday night and get to know them and then a different group on Saturday and get to know them. I was really bummed that Cindy didn't make it up-but totally understand the sick kid dilemna! I really went to TOFW prayerful and hoping for answers to questions. When I went to WC in Provo it was great to be there-but I left not feeling like I had answers to my prayers last May. That was not the case this time. I know it is true the Lord answers prayers in His own time, but sometimes it is just hard. He told me that at Women's Conference last year-but I just wasn't ready to hear it. I was edified so much and uplifted in the ways that I needed that I am so grateful I went. There were so many things I could write about, but the few things that I am trying to do are these:
1. Pray always
2. Go to the Lord with a question each day for 30 days
3. Read scriptures every day even if that is just one.
4. The 48 hr rule-let all things go after 48 hrs
5. Let the Atonement work in your life.

These are the things I am really trying to work on. Although I have been told it before it really stuck with me this time that the Lord will consecrate our minutes in prayer, scripture study, comtemplation with Him. I would like to spend more time, but it seems Kenna is so needy and she pulls all of my time. So to hear more than one speaker say MINUTES-it really meant something. A few said that their wives locked the door and prayed, others took a bath with their scriptures, others took a shower, it just made me feel that my efforts are heard by the Lord and I just need to give it to Him.
I am excited to get a new camera that I can tkae around-so I can post more pictures. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Angela said...

I loved seeing you at TOFW, wasn't it great? I too am grateful for the things I heard--made a huge difference to me. I will talk to you soon!

Hindmarsh Family said...

When you posted a facebook update about steroids I just thought you were talking about Kenna... I had no idea that it was you!! I am so sorry! I hate those things... supposed to make you feel better but you just end up exhausted from lack of sleep. Hang in there.

Mandy Rae said...

Amanda, You are an amazing mom, woman, person! I love you so so much. Thank you for your faith in the Lord's words. They give me courage even in my little life that isn't so important. I need to call you. Got tons to tell!

Pinky Homer said...

Thanks for sharing the things you learned ... they were good reminders for me too. Loves.

Crystal said...

I had such a great time at TOFW and I'm glad I was able to hang out with you! It was awesome and like you, I felt the Lord answer my prayers!

I was surprised you didn't tell the story about Kenneth Cope and the drive home!!! LOL Too funny!! Did you get the pictures I sent??