Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Z-PAk, xopenex, xyzal, orapred, delseym, pulmicort,-and I wonder why I don't have more spending money?




Kenna finally has just enough hair for piggie tails!






Here is the sight I have seen the most these past two weeks. We are doing neb treatments at least twice a day and that hasn't helped the cough for the drainage-even though we are up to 5 oral syringes of different meds for the allergy season. It got so bad this weekend that I was beginning to believe I might actually have to make an ER trip. I have only been there once when Kelsey stripped her gums off of her teeth doing a back flip at the pool. So I am not eager to go to the ER. I try VERY hard to stay out! Well I went to the Dr on Monday and it wasn't the usual one. I guess I am just used to him and he knows that I am 1. not a paranoid mom and 2. I am educated about asthma and allergies. I know what my other kids are allergic to and I know how to avoid them and I already practice these things at my house (pillow covers, etc). So I guess that I will just live with the fact that I genetically gave all of my children (now Keira too) allergies. I am really sick of staying up half the night with a coughing child that ends up throwing up from coughing. I am getting sick of the green boogers and runny noses. And I know that I will miss this and this too shall pass-but is it too much to ask for a good nights sleep and that I can keep up with everything? I probably will go buy all new pillows for everyone and cover all the pillows that weren't covered before. I am thinking about having my air ducts cleaned-any ideas on that one? I'm almost ready to leave my beloved Texas and move where there are not trees and no grass-is that the moon?
But aside from that frustration-I have to say that this past weekend was a good one-after Kenna's bout of asthma. Kelsey had another shut out game. Her goal for the season is to have 5 out of 10 shut out games. So I am proud of her working toward that goal. Kyle had a great weekend in baseball. He has been working hard during the week and his batting shows it. He had some monster hits this weekend and the boys won 2 out of 5 games this weekend. It was so cool that they were able to play 5 games this weekend! They even bet a team that put a wallup on them earlier in the week in league play. It was a great team weekend. Go Texas Nitro and the '98 White Wave!!!
I also want to thank Jeremy for really being a help around the house with all of this. It has been hard on both of us and I don't enjoy splitting up and driving all over Houston to get Kyle and Kelsey to their sports, but it was a net experience this weekend to enjoy the friends that we have and I am grateful for them! I love that we have Mark on the team and it is so f un to hang out with Wendy and Paula and all the other moms. Thanks for all the help!
Well Keira's birthdya is tomorrow-Can't believe she is 5. Where does the time go? She is still such joy and I love her. I love all of my kids-each one is special and it is amazing to watch them blossom into amazing little people!

No comments: