Tuesday, July 7, 2009

From One Extreme to the Other

Well today has been an interesting day. I had the most amazing weekend. Jeremy would probably say I packed too much into the weekend, but it was so great to be with such good friends and share such good company and good food. It really made me appreciate the freedoms that we have in this country. I can have basic neccesities in life-running water, electricity, a beautiful home. I have such good friends to share it with. I have loved getting to know Jason and his family better and Adolfo and his family better. They are such wonderful people with such wonderful kiddos. I think as I get older I get a better view of God's love for each of His children. I want to take the time to make sure that they don;t feel alone in this big world when hard trials seem overwhelming.
It was so fun to have Natie come and visit from College Station. She and I have always been soul sisters but I think the deal was sealed this weekend and her mom confirmed it so I now have a sister! :) Hopefully she will be coming back soon for lots more fun and excitement!
But today was a horrible day. I got up at 5am to get Kenna to the hospital for her adnoidectomy and tubes. As I expected she did not wake up well at all. She was crying very loudly and they shooed me out the door 15 minutes later. Told me she was fine. I noticed that her eyes were red below and puffy and she kept coughing, but didn;t think much of it. She wouldn't drink-she just kept crying and was really upset so they sent me on my way. I walked out in the rain carrying Kenna, realized I had dropped my phone, walked back in, walked back out and she cried the entire ride home. We got home and she cried off and on, but kept coughing and sneezing and complaining of pain. So I gave her a breathing treatment, her antibiotic, and her xyzal. she slept for 30 minutes then woke up crying some more.
Then I had to get Kyle to the ortho for his braces. Kelsey Call was sweet enough to take the girls and Kenna would only let my Kelsey hold her while we were gone. Kyle did well and he looks so cute with his braces. He is a trooper and I am so proud of him.
Then when I got home she was really up set and I realized that her cheeks had red streaks as well. I thought red lines that is odd and then when I changed her diaper I thought-latex allergy. When I put her in the bath to lower her temp she had bright red circles as well-so we gave her benadryl. She is finally asleep-who knows for how long-
Jeremy is at the Urgent care facility around the corner-so I don't know what he's going to come home with also.
My day seems to have fit the clouds this morning-when it rains-it downpours!!!!
I am trying to stay positive-but am feeling a little bit grouchy and complaining.....
Most of all why did it take almost 3 hours for Dr. Hoffman's office to call me back? I will never go back with Kenna to KW speciality hospital EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!
OK, that is my complaining pity party-tomorrow will be better. I will get a blood test and find out the level of this allergy and go one from there....thank goodness I have Dr. Shaw's office on speed dial. After tonight I think I need a doctor not just an answering service on speed dial!

1 comment:

Pinky Homer said...

Talk about a downpour! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Hope you have a better day tomorrow and that you are able to rest during the night. Love you and stay positive my friend ... you are awesome!