Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Topamax

Well after barely surviving the weekend with a BAD migraine-Dr. Massoud (the best doctor ever!) decided that it was time to try a daily med for my migraines. We'd been talking about it for awhile now-I just wasn't sure if it had gotten to that point. After this weekend-I'd do anything! So I took it at night last night and I couldn't sleep-so I will try these early doses in the morning and if they take away the migraines-I will be soooo excited! It was such a great three months (Feb-May) with not one major migraine! The copay is not bad and the side effects don't seem that bad. The only common one is loss of words during conversations-people described it as feeling stupid-so have patience with me if I can't think of words in the next little while. A pain free head sounds great-whatever the side effects!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Sorry to hear you've been struggling with migrains again. Please don't hesitate to call if you need something while you're having one.

P.S. If you could pass the word on to Jeremy I really appreciated his testimony yesturday. Steve is excited for Kyle to be joining the young men.