Friday, July 24, 2009

You Just Never Know....

It is hard to believe that time goes by so fast. Kyle's slumber party was a lot of fun, eshausting but fun. I think that his friends had a lot of fun and I hope they will want to come and hang out here over the next 7 years. I know it is nnice to have friends go away, but it is also nice to see your kids so relaxed and happy to know they are glad to be here. Kelsey has gotten to the point where her prefers to have friends come over here the most to going anywhere-but she is like her dad and is a home body to begin with. It was so sweet that when she went away for the weekend-when she got home just how much she kept telling Kyle and Keira how grateful she was they were her siblings. I just appreciate the kids I was given more and more as they get older.
I also realize that although I always thought I would have 6-8 kids and I had to stop at 4but I am grateful for those times when I am given the opportunity to help someone else out. I went to this Mary Kay party last night to get out of the house. It was at this house that is in Lakeshore that is huge and fancy and stuff. She's making probably 50-60,000 or maybe a little less a year with Mary Kay but she was really kind of snotty-nothing like my friend that invited me or the lady with my friend that is a little firecracker of a lady who is making $80,000+ with Mary Kay. In walks this young woman with an 8 week old baby for the party. I had been to one before and she hadn't and no one was offering to take the baby so I took the baby for her and said you are so kind to let me take her for you and she said oh it is not that I just depesperately need a break. So I got to hold this tiny little baby girl. I have to confess that I was glad to hand her back and not be up all night, but it was a sweet experience to know that the Lord knows I find joy in looking for ways to serve and that I could find it at a Mary Kay party. I was ablt to get a facial and hold a baby and give a new mom a break and chat with a good friend. Not only that I was able to go to the mall with Kelsey and Kenna. Kenna was a gem so I was able to talk with Kelsey and it was a sweet experience to just spend time with my daughter and build a strong relationship with her that will last the rest of our lives.
It has been a roller coaster of a summer, but I am grateful for every minute because although it has been hard it has brought me closer to my husband, my kids, and has brought me new friends, and stronger friendships and helped me see who my true friends really are. So summer is still one of my true loves-even after this one!

No comments: