Monday, July 20, 2009

the rainbow....

Well, it seems that we have made it through the west side of the huricaine....I have learned to not say we are through, but these last several days I have definately felt like that country song two sparrows in a hurricaine. Jeremy made it back to work today. He has to have his follow up appt with Dr. Nunez once all of his antibiotics are done and have the scope. So the final tally was...Kenna had an allergic reaction to the anethesia that Tuesday the 7th, Kyle had braces put on on the 7th, Jeremy went into the hospital on the 7th; Kelsey has a kidney infection which caused her vomiting on the 9th; Keira had an ear infection that almost ruptured that caused her to lose her equalibruilim and that caused her to vomit; and then my new medicine caused me to get dehydrated b/c I wasn't drinking enough from everything and so I got sick and ended up with a UTI and was vomiting on the 12th. So then when jeremy got home our doctor believes that all of the IV antibiotics put a lot of stress on his kidneys and that is what caused his gout to flare up in three joints at once. Gout is an extremely painful form of arthritis that is so painful he can not walk when it is in his ankle and his knee and it was also in his wrist so he could not move his wrist. It was a long week last week. On the way home from College Station from seeing our doctor the transmission on the suburban went out so we had to leave it there all weekend.

So we never made it down to Grandma Kips and we never made it to Grandma's.

Kyle did have a good birthday. It went according to his plan. He had his taquito for breakfast; then we saw Harry Potter 6 then he had his Culver's burger and shrimp on the grill for dinner. We went and picked up the girls on sunday. Thanks Bobbi for keeping Kelsey and Keira for a few days. It was fun to just have two kids again. Weird but fun.
I realized that praying for strength seems to bring more hardship and relief seems to bring more trials so I just need to realize that life is going to be full of mountains and storms and it is my attitude that will be the measure of how I come through it all.
I think at times I probably failed the test. I got grouchy with the kids and Jeremy. I probably asked for too much help and I probably complained to Natie too much. But I did say my prayers every night and I did give thanks every night for all of the blessings that I did have and I was always looking for ways to be thankful admist it all.
So now I am getting ready for a slumberless party for Kyle and life is slowly getting back to normal. I hope that I can get back to being of service to my friends and enjoying life and all of it's craziness!

1 comment:

Cara said...

Dang girl! Your MIL was telling us some of the things that went on and how she went to help, glad everyone is on the mend!