Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just the normal flying by the seat of my pants

So if you see me much you know that flying by the seat of my pants is normal. :) I am usually running from one thing to another. This week it was just me, though. Yes I survived with Jeremy in Chicago all week, but Kenna started to feel bad towards the end of the week when I was trying to get the Patriot's Day stuff done and so I didn't sleep much. Well it hasn't improved. I think my total in the past 3 days is 12 hours. Kenna was pulling at her ear tonight and I am still up b/c in this sleep deprived state I gave her the wrong medicine. In all the years of being sleep deprived I have never done that-I am SOOOO getting too OLD for this! And I am feeling pretty lame right now!
So here is my list of the things I did get done-make a costume, put up Christmas lights, Christmas garland, homework, get a car to and from a dealership, had triple car pool duty this week and still got Kenna to Spark. Even if it was late got Kelsey to soccer in Kingwood, made dinners, lunches, did hair, etc. So I did accomplish something this week.(note-this is more for me than for anyone else) I was able to spend a wonderful evening with a good friend on Tuesday that lifted my spirits and taught me so much! I love her tons! She has been such a great blessing in my life and the promptings that she would be a good close friend if I would just reach out were 100% true. I am grateful to the Lord for the people that He sends to be our friends in this life that we just click with.
I just hope that this is not the beginning of another long 4-6 months with Kenna-I am already worn out. I know I will get through it-it is just physically draining and I worry that I seriously turn into BAD mom when this happens. As I sit here Kenna is finally calm and watching TV so maybe there is hope we will get some sleep soon.....That is the recap of my week...let the new week begin!

1 comment:

Pinky Homer said...

I'm sorry you had a hard week. However, you still managed to get a lot done and for that you are super woman! Hope you can get some sleep this week and Kenna gets better.