Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Random Thoughts

So I was thinking the other day that hope is a very powerful gift that God has given us. Heavenly Father knew that we needed it to make it through this life. Along with faith and love as the scripture says. But I have been thinking a lot about the role of hope in that trilogy of words. Trials come our way-it does not matter what we do in this life or how we live it-trials will come. No one is exempt. As the song says "He answers privately.Reaches my reaching.In my Gethsemane, Savior, and friend" We will all have our garden moments when we feel alone, but we should not lose hope. Life at times may bring us moments where all seems hopeless, but if we have faith and we reach for Him-he will give us the strength to get through, get up, move on, to change, to believe, to find peace, to know that God is in charge and He will not leave us alone. I don't understand His plan at times or the trials that some have to go through, but I know that I am grateful for that gift of hope that gives me faith that reminds me of God's love. This time of year we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and his life. We try to be kinder and gentler and better. We serve more, give more, do more. I may trip and fall short most days, but I am grateful for the Lord who believes in me and knows me and helps me to get back up and helps me do better the next day. To look for those in need each day around me so that I may be a servant of Him. I know the joy and the hope that is renewed when I can share God's love with those around me.
Here is a great quote from an apostle of the Lord
"“Be assured that there is a safe harbor. You can find peace amidst the storms that threaten you. Your Heavenly Father—who knows when even a sparrow falls—knows of your heartache and suffering. He loves you and wants the best for you. Never doubt this."
Joseph B. Wirthlin, in Conference Report, Apr. 2000, 72; or Ensign, May 2000

2 comments:

Clark Family said...

Thanks I needed That!!

Brit said...

Thanks for sharing. Hope all is well with you and your family. I loved all the snow day pictures!