Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Almost Twenty years ago...

I got home this afternoon and sat down to checck my email to find a bunch of emails from facebook-a friend posted a group picture of a bunch of us in which I was tagged. I have to laugh that if you venture to my facebook page and look at the picture you will notice that I was in the middle. Back then I always wanted to be the center of attention-these days I am happy to be on the sidelines. I've changed so much in the past twenty years it is hard to remember that I was that hyper and thin! But I also realized aside from needing to lose all of my babies weight-I am more peaceful and calm now. I still make stupid mistakes and I still am probably a little wild and crazy-only now when the kids aren't looking.
I also got a call that someone from church lost their beautiful two year old daughter to a brain tumor this morning. It made me hug all my kids a little longer and just enjoy the crazy laughter and arguing tonight-I put a blanket down and we had a "picnic" and watched "The Chronicles of Narnia" and ate pizza and popcorn in the living room downstairs. I figured we just needed some family time and they all had fun-went to bed too late for a school night, but we had fun.
Kyle had a scary allergic reaction to his weekly shots yesterday. He reacted in the office with a large local reaction, but it wasn't until 9pm that he went to show off his "guns" to the elders when he noticed how bad it had gotten. It was swollen to the size of a grapefruit and it covered his entire bicep and it had a red defined ring around it. He wasn't coughing or anything, but it took a WHOLE lot of benedryl, hydrocortisone cream, ice packs, and mom finally falling asleep about midnight. He felt pretty bad today, but Dr. Shaw gave his some orapred and his arm is finally starting to look almost normal again-but he is still had a TON of benedryl-and just like the energizer bunny-he just keeps going!
I also enjoyed babysitting two really cute little girls today. Kenna had her moments of sharing, but I guess that is the first and last child syndrome. But for th emost part she really loved having extra friends over to play. We are doing it again tomorrow-so hopefully things will run as smoothly. I'm glad my friends trust me with their cute babies! I have loved it-since I don't get anymore-I am looking forward to tomorrow when I can love on all those babies!
Well, I better get to bed. I don't think anyone that reads this ever knew Mr.S, but in memory of that choir senior picture I have to end this with this song as we did ever concert for my four years in high school; somehow after today it seems fitting-
"Go Ye Now in Peace and know that the love of God will guide you-feel his presence here beside you showing you the way;in your time of trouble when when hurt and despair are there meet you know that the Lord will never leave you; He will give you courage. Know that the God who sent his son to die that you might live-will never leave you lost and alone-in his beloved world;Go Ye Now in Peace; Go Ye Now in Peace;Go Ye Now in Peace....."

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I need to find you on facebook. I'm sorry for your friend that lost their baby. I can't even imagine. Hope all is well. Love ya.