Monday, December 22, 2008

Thanks to Everyone!!!

Well, first I have to add that Kenna has an ear infection and we didn't get any sleep Saturday night-it started Friday night, but I jusdt kind of thought she was overtired. But then Saturday night as she screamed all night and Jeremy gave up and slept in Kyle's room-I bleary eyed made it to church early to practice our song (and then we didn't get to) and made it through Sascrament Mtg and then took her to urgent care b/c I am getting too old to have back to back to back sleepless nights. Well-she has an ear infection! So we are working around it and although I am not getting as much done as I wanted to while everybosy was gone-I will be almost ready when they get back.
I am going to add a picture of the house with the lights! Jeremy did a great job putting them up-THANKS honey~I LOVE THEM!!!!!

Also-I just wanted to take this time to thank all of my wonderful friends! This week has been so crazy with all the baking and candy making and stuff and I feel like I am so behind-it has been such a sweet surprise to come home and find little treats left on my doorstep! I am sorry that I am missing all of my friends-but I can't tell you the JOY that these little treats have given me. I wish that I could say I will get my planned treats back to you before Christmas-but they may be Happy New Year treats with Kenna being sick and picking up Keira. I love walking by my fridge and seeing all of your smiling faces and counting each one of you as my friend. Even if you didn't put a picture with your goodies I still think of you as I walk by and it makes me stop and thank Heavenly Father for these good people in my life!!!

I also must add that you never know WHERE you will find good friends. They might be in the last place you expect! I want to add-as you know I have been doing the twelve days of Christmas for Dr. Shaw's office. It was mainly because we are there so much anyway-but also because they are soo sweet to the kids everytime we go in. Tomorrow will be day number twelve and I will miss the silly poems I found or made up and the goodies I was inspired to make. But they surprised me back with a poem and a gift card for a massage! I was so shocked and it just made me realize that good friends a what make life full of joy and I am grateful that I get to enjoy these lovely ladies and Dr. Shaw. When I got my shot today-I had some "trouble" and so back to THAT room that I hate so much. While I was there Trudy, Donna, and Andy took care of Kenna and she was treated like a princess (tiara and all)! Not that this would surprise anyone that knows how good they are to me-but it was such a relief to know that first of all I made it without an EPI shot and secondly if I had been in serious distress that Kenna would be taken care of.
May you have a Merry Christmas as you celebrate the birth of the Light of the World!

4 comments:

Krissy Cotten said...

I hope everyone gets to feeling better! I have been sick the past few weeks, and I feel your pain on being behind! I just try to remember the real reason for the season and try not to stress too much! Merry Christmas!

America said...

Hey Amanda,
I'm so glad I found your blog. You have a beautiful family and I hope you don't mind me adding your link to mine.
America

Anonymous said...

Ear infections are terrible...I hope you can get a good night's sleep soon...I was thinking of you after you told me on Sunday that you'd slept two hours. It was fun to find your blog. The kids look great in their dresses and suit.

Kelsey said...

Is Kenna feeling better? That is no way to spend your time alone with her. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of all this. Did you have a good Christmas? we miss you bunches1