Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night-or at least someday it will be a good night...

Merry Christmas to all! It was fun to have some time with just Kenna even if she was sick the entire time. It was just as sweet to get all of my children back on Christmas Eve. I know that the grandparents loved having the kids-but sometimes it is hard to share-I love the break but miss them when they are gone-and I LOVED spending time with my grandparents without my parents so I try to give them the same time. But it was fun as they all stayed up late-I fell alseep with Kenna-thank goodness Santa got everything under the tree and in the stockings-I was a walking zombie from not sleeping the night before and then driving for 5 hours. Kenna threw up all over herself and the carseat on the way to get Keira and so I had to unload her and take her in a gas station and wipe her down and then buy a t-shirt there so she would have something to wear home. She also had to ride in Keira's carseat b/c hers was soaking wet with throw up. It was not a pretty sight! But Dash is at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Keira misses him terribly, but we are managing to get by with out him. I miss him too-it was fun having a dog-but hopefully the fish will grow on her...(We don't have them yet-just plan to)
The funny thing about Christmas was Jeremy told the kids he laid down tacks in the hallway and they would get hurt if they tried to come down and see the presents. Well the kids lined the hallway with pillows and sneaked downstairs while we were alseep and then watched TV and then realized Dad was "tricking" them and finally went to sleep about 3am. Poor Keira was so tired she took a 4 hour nap from 10am-2pm Christmas day. The kids got what they were hoping for-Kyle and Kelsey are in heaven with Guitar Hero-little did we know that Dad was a secret rock star! We may have to get rock band one of these days so we can all get in on the game. Keira loved her kitchen and Kenna loved her airplanes and babies!

Poor Kenna-her antibiotic made her so sick that she didn't stop throwing up and then it started coming out the back end too-thank goodness for my carpet cleaner-it has saved me with all the times Kenna has thrown up! Although I couldn't help but think last night how much easy it would have been to clean up if we had bamboo floors! But that is another dream far far in a distant time..So I am hoping when I take her back in monday that we can find a gentler antibiotic (#3) that will get rid of the ear infection and not cause so much trouble!

I have been reading other blogs and it seems many people are thinking a lot about life this time of year. I have to add my own-
1.Friendship is the greatest gift I have been given over the years of my life. I always find the best friends in the oddest of situations. Soccer club coaches, doctor's offices, and baseball. I find them at church too-but my dearest friend who is always there for me I met the day before I had Keira. I was scared to death b/c it was my first c-section and I had wanted to do it all naturally. She told me I'd be fine and has been telling me that ever since. It doesn't matter that I am now 100 miles away-I still get little notes or calls reminding me that it will be ok. I think about the wonderful massage I had today given to me by good friends-it was so nice to take an hour for myself (doesn't happen vey often)-Thanks for the joy you bring to life. Thanks to the one person in the neighborhood that has always been there to pick me up at urgent care when I couldn't drive home b/c of a migraine or took the time to get to know Kenna so she would stay with her if I needed to go somewhere. These are my greatest blessings in life-I understand more and more the words of the Savior when he said "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." I doubt I will ever be asked to do that-but I understand more what greater love means.

2. I love being a mom. I may complain and gripe about the every day with the kids and especially Kenna, but I love the joy. I know that these days will go by too fast and I will miss them when they are gone-just some days with a child that seems to be constantly sick (even if it is not life threatening) is taxing. But I made it through with Kyle and he is great now so I know I will with Kenna. I am sad to think as she turns two that she is the last one. I never thought I would ever say that I would want more than four kids, but I wish that I could have one more. I realize that they will grow up and be gone and although there are many things out there in life to do-none has brought me more joy than to see my kids turn into responsible good youth. Kyle handled an emergency just brillantly last night and I am so thankful to the friends down the street who are always there for us and the kids and rescue us with glad hearts. Thanks guys!

3. I love music. I am so much happier when I have beautiful music to surround me during the day and I love to sing-maybe one day I'll get back on stage.

4. I still love to run. I know that my overweight body does not show it-but I am going to do my best to make sure I can run like I want to this time next year. I may have to take it slow and I may not be super ladies like most at church that spend 2 hours at the gym every day, but I will get there and I will run the race that I have planned before I turn 37.

5. I love the Savior. I know it is easy to talk about Him this time of year. I know he comes up in many conversations. But I am grateful for the gift of repentence that he gave to me to find a better path to walk in this life and to find joy. I am grateful that He has given me a pattern and example by which to follow and although I fall short a lot of times I know that I am doing my best to hopefully one day some will tell me-I have His Image in my countanence and I am a window to His Love. I know that is cliche, but I hope that no matter what life brings I will always keep Him close.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night....

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Poor Kenna! You need a vacation where you can just sleep. I have never seen someone get so little sleep all the time. You are great, too! Such a great mom and example to me. I appreciate it so much. Miss you lots! I bought your chocolates yesterday! =)