Sunday, January 24, 2010

Best Sugar Cookie EVER, No REALLY!!!

Ok, so I don't have a cool picture to post with it like my fellow blogger Cara, but I will post one once I make pretty ones. :) I was just trying out the recipe tonight for FHE. I had this bag of self rising flour and had read somewhere that it makes great cookies as well as biscuits and bread so I went hunting for a recipe. And let me tell you-I found it!

Soft, not too Sweet, and just like a perfect Sugar Cookie should Be.....

Preheat Oven to 375

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
2 eggs
3 teaspoons of vanilla (you can use less according to your taste-my family wanted this much in the batter)
2 1/2 cups self rising flour

Cream butter and sugar. Add Eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Add flour one cup at a time. Divide in half. Wrap in plastic and seal tight! Chill in fridge for 2 hours.

Take out of Fridge, dust counter with powdered sugar, roll out dough on counter, use favorite cookie cutters, place on parchment paper on top of cookie sheet (this is a must whenever you bake cookies!!!)

Bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes unless you are baking thicker cookies then it will take about 9-10 minutes.

These are great plain, but I will frost them for the kids! I am so excited about this recipe and especially with Valentine's Day coming up.

Yes, I know that I have agreed that it is not really Valentine's Day for the next 16 years, but I will still make heart cookies while I celebrate the Chuchie's 3rd birthday! :}
I'll post pictures of these cookies once I frost them! A

And if you would like some and you live near me-
leave me a comment and I'll bring you cookies!

2 comments:

Brandon said...

oooohhhhh. I would love to try some.
I just spent half of yesterday organizing recipes.... Looks like I will have to add this one to the collection!
Monica

Angela said...

Cookies? Did someone say cookies?