Sunday, January 10, 2010

Potty Training.....


So I decided that this was the week that no matter what happened I was going to start Kenna in underwear....

And what happened...Kyle got a stomach bug and stayed home from school for three days!!! But I stuck with it and she has been in underwear since Thursday! It is a little sad to say that my last baby is wearing underwear, but she is doing a great job of it. She has taken to it like a champ. She did protest verbally, but she complied. Thursday and Friday were challenging mornings, but she did a good job and only had one accident when I left her with Kyle while I went to go pick up Keira from school. But she was in the bathroom when it happened! She has been willing to actually wake up and go to the bathroom-which is awesome compared to the others! So I am grateful for that little bit of success. With all of the other challenges I have been through with Kenna I am skeptical that it will be this easy to say that we will be done with it all in a matter of a few days, but if it does she will be up there in the Kyle department of potty training!But I will not have a baby anymore. :( She will be three in 34 days. She is going to nursery pretty well-but that is all thanks to Chrissy who is the awesomest teacher ever!!!! I can't thank her enough for her patience and love for my daughter each Sunday!!!
So the singing potty, and the pretty underwear, and candy and a few days and we have mastered the last hurdle to being a big girl....


Unfornately, I guess that makes me officially old and not a young mom anymore....

2 comments:

Angela said...

You are not an old mom! But I can imagine it is bittersweet. Go Kenna!

Krissy Cotten said...

Thanks for your comments about me as a Nursery Teacher. The pleasure of teaching Kenna is all mine! She is such a sweetheart!