Friday, January 15, 2010

So we made it!

So it has been a week! I will not say that night times are completely dry yet, but my baby is a big girl now! She is diaper free! She has had maybe two accidents in the past 10 days and has stayed dry most nights!! She tells me when she has to go and she has been a big girl about it all. But I must add that I still put potty training as one of my least favorite parenting tasks! We all go through it as parents. We all know how it feels once you have a child, but it doesn't make it any easier when it happens to you even if it is the fourth time around!!
So yesterday we are in Kohl's....and I am trying to find an undergarment which is on sale....which as you know with a toddler in tow is embarressing anyway as they yell-hey mom how do you like these boobs? Or what about these boobs? Uh...Yeaaaah....well then she says mom I have to go potty! So I tell her, ok get in the stroller and I will give you a ride to the potty! So she hops in and she yells run mommy! I walk briskly as she yells "Mommy hurry up I have to go poop, Mommy! I have to pee, Mommy!" As I am passing several people on the way to the restroom on the OTHER side of the store! So we get to the restroom and THANK GOODNESS there is a FAMILY restroom! Whoever invented this concept had to be a MOM because it was a lifesaver!!! I was in there for the next 15 MINUTES! While she sat on the mini toliet, narrating stories for me about random things basically all made up! So after asking her at least 20 times are you done yet? She finally says yes and we get to wash our hands with foamy soap and dry our hands with the paper towels-of course she has to do it all by HERSELF! I now have 10 minutes to finish finding the things I came for before we have to get home in time for Keira!
So the moral of my story? You never know what will happen in the life of a mom with a toddler/preschooler-today she spilled an entire gallon of Memonade all over the counter, in the drawer, and on the floor all in the time in took me to run into my room and back (maybe 3 minutes)!
But with the Chuchie-you REALLY never know what each day will bring, BUT I AM GRATEFUL for every crazy, insane moment that this life brings....

4 comments:

Angela said...

Too funny. I love those funny toddler moments.

Mandy Rae said...

OH! I want to be there for moments like that again! I am looking for tickets!!!

Brit said...

Love the picture below of her showing of her new undies:) So cute!

Unknown said...

post something new already! you get on me for not posting on facebook and its been 6 days since you left a blog note! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...:)