Saturday, February 7, 2009

She's almost ten...

I can't believe my first baby girl will be ten tomorrow! First of all 261/2 doesn't seem that long ago and I can't believe how beautiful and responsible she has become. I am going to go find a baby picture and a recent picture and post them-she was my biggest baby at 9 lbs 8 oz. She has brought joy into our family since the day she was born. She is an amazing soccer player, student, friend, and helper. I wanted a houseful of boys-but she changed my mind the minute they put her in my arms. She's growing up and I guess that means I am getting old-but hopefully I will be a cool mom and I'll see her through the teen years smoothly. She's the one that I know will be the example to those around her and choose the right in all that she does. I know the neighbors are counting down until she can babysit-she can take the babysitting class at the college in one year-then I am sure she'll be rich with all of her weekends full of babysitting and soccer.
On a personal note, I am getting better. I still get tired quickly, but I don't hurt as much. I can't thank everyone enough for their thoughtfulness and kindness this week. All the dinners made such a difference and the cleaning was such a blessing. I can say if in a few years I need a hysterectomy-I know my family won't fall apart with all the good friends I have to help me get through something like that. Thanks for everything, guys-I love ya dearly and pray that your lives are blessed for how much you have blessed mine!
My smallest baby girl will be two next Saturday. It may seem crazy to say that I am happy and sad all in one. She has gotten so much better and she is so much happier-her allergies have not been too bad since the dog left and there has been no grass pollen-so we have really enjoyed having her smiling and laughing and talking up a storm! I have to laugh at her love for "Dora" and this week I have watched more Dora being stuck in bed than I ever wanted to! But she loves to sing the "kleem up" song from the mermaid one and the friendship day song. You know I have watched it too much when I dreamed about the songs and dora last night.
Next month, Keira will be five. Where does the time go? I am going to blink and they will all be teenagers. Man, I am getting old.
Happy Day-gotta love this weather before it gets yucky and hot!

No comments: