Sunday, November 23, 2008

I am still here

This past weekend has gone by in a blur. I have been really tired and every time I start to cough or get short of breath-I get a little nervous. My chest is sore from coughing so much and I am still ready for bed by about 6pm, but I am so grateful to Dr. Shaw and his staff for what great care they took to make sure I was ok. I can't thank them enough for recognizing what was happening and their kindness through it all. I know they would have rather had a boring Friday, but it was a huge comfort to me to be surrounded by people that I trust instead of strangers at the hospital. I think that kept me the most calm. Plus-they were so good with the shots that I really can't complain-even if I had so many!
I also want to say that Kelsey played an amazing soccer game on Saturday. I couldn't yell for her or anything but watch-she scored an amazing goal and blocked a ton of shots-so I was really proud of her for this season of soccer. I know it has been frustrating to her at times, but I am really proud of her.
Kyle's fall ball season ended last weekend and he played great at shortstop and his hitting has really improved. It may have been a busy season, but they are better athletes because of it.
Most of all, I am so grateful to the Lord for giving the inspiration to change the shot location and give me the time to still be here. I was really scared at one point and I sit here and as I listened to my children at the PRimary program at church this morning I couldn't help but feel so much gratitude that I was here to watch my children and love them each day. It also made me realize I need to step back and focus on the important things with my kids and my family. We won't be here forever-so I better do the right things today in case something happened out of the blue and I was gone the next.
Thanks to all the people in my life who love me-I love you back and am so grateful for the many things big and small that you do for me each day. And thanks Mom for talking to me Friday and the sweet loving words-it calmed me like you did so many years ago when I was little. It was a sweet experience.
Good night and God be with you until we meet again.

1 comment:

Mali said...

Hey Amanda,
I am so glad I found you you through the Temple Square website. I am sorry that you have had a rough week. What is your email address? Mine is bm_soderborg@cox.net.

Mali