Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sprinkles


Why is it that sprinkles makes everything better? It is official-Kenna has discovered the joy of sprinkles. Colored jimmies (why are they called that anyway?), little confetti ones, flowers, you name it ALL of my kids could find the bottles of them and eat the entire bottle! Well, Kenna just asked for some so I let her try them and she looks up at me with smeared sprinkle mouth and says "Tank ewe, mom". How can you not give them the whole bottle when they are cute like that?

I have to add a milestone motherhood moment today. Kyle and Kelsey had orthodontic screening appts today (and we are saved for another 6 months from going completely broke)-but it was during lunch so I offered lunch. We were in Kingwood and on the way out was Jason's deli. I didn't want to drive through somewhere so we at at Jason's Deli. It was soo nice there was no fighting or squirming and they all ate all of their food with nothing left over or wasted! It was soo nice and I thought this is a great memory for me of getting to go out to lunch with my kids. How grateful I am I get to stay home and spend this rare time together. It may be hard on some days, but today I am grateful I have these days to spend with them.

2 comments:

Pinky Homer said...

Isn't that the truth! There are hard moments but the rare, unique, happy, and sometimes mundane moments make it all worth it. I've been thinking that lately too .. it's a good feeling to have and know that you will even have this moments when they are all grown up! I'm glad you shared!

Heidi said...

Kenna is so cute. And yes sprinkles do make everything better.
I love those moments with my older kids. I had one the other day. It was great.